How to Enter A Trance State



"The general underlying principle is an altered state of consciousness, which allows us to function in realities that are normally not available to us."   ~ Itzhak Bentov, author of:  Stalking the Wild Pendulum:  On the Mechanics of Consciousness


The following "Crystal Countdown" (or going into Alpha), is based on Laurie Cabot's method from her book, The Power Of the Witch.  This book is available on Amazon and I urge you to buy it for your collection.  It has many good tips and information on altered states of consciousness as well as Hermetic principles.  

Sit in a quiet place, like you would for any meditation practice.  Relax the toes, going up the body, the legs, stomach, arms, fingers, neck up to the head.  Empty the mind.  Detach from thought.  See thought as but clouds floating past an open window.  Empty the mind.


THE CRYSTAL COUNTDOWN

Once you're relaxed, bring your mind to the body's chakras and see them as beautiful colored crystals. Start at the root chakra, see the number 7 and the color red.  Then go up (as in the diagram above) to the 6th sacral chakra, see the number 6 and the color orange in your mind's eye.  Continue up the body 5, yellow, solar plexus, 4 green, heart, 3 blue, throat, 2 indigo, 3rd eye and finally the number 1 violet and the crown chakra.   At this point, keeping the mind empty, count down, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 .... and let go !  If thoughts keep creeping in, she suggests staring into what looks like,  an empty rice bowl.  Keep the mind relaxed.  Do not engage the mind in earthy concerns, let the mind lead you by the hand into a new reality.

After your exploration of your lucid dreaming, you can leave this altered state by counting up, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 

Let your mind take you where it wants to go.  Take a seat, like in a dream.  You are now in an altered state of consciousness.  You can meet your spirit guides in this altered state that Laurie Cabot calls Alpha.  She has her creative way of visualizing in Alpha and I have discovered my own.

I met a man while in Alpha,  who had recently passed on.   Yes, I met a dead man.  I went to his house and vividly saw all the rooms.  I felt what he was feeling.  He told me his name.  He lived alongside a great Necropolis in a city that looked very much like Queens, NY.  He told me many things in telepathic communication.  From all that he had told me and from all that I had seen, I looked up his name online and found the exact man's obituary online, found his childhood home in the Laurel Hill section of queens, just a block from a huge graveyard, that could be seen from his mother's kitchen window.   To dig deeper, I created his genealogic tree on ancestry.com, found his boyhood pictures, and it was indeed this man who I had visited in this altered state called Alpha.

Other lucid dreams I've had while under this altered state, were meeting my spirit guides including my spirit animal (a bear), and reexperiencing my birth.

If meditation is a part of your spiritual program in life and you're interested in metaphysics, I urge you to explore this technique.

Here is a link to Laurie Cabot's own version of going into Alpha, from her You Tube page:





Interested in verbally using the runes to sing positive energy into your home and life ?  Read about that here:  Galdr ---- Singing Runic Energies Into Your Life






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Life of Author Edward C. Peach - Ophiel

What is Time and Space?